The website www.translateyourdocuments.com is committed to protecting client privacy at all times. This website is owned and operate by TBC.
The company takes its responsibility regarding the security and protection of Client information very seriously. As a Company we are clear and transparent about the information we collect and what we do with that information.
- Where we obtain data from
- What we do with that data
- How we store the data
- Who we disclose that data to and for what reason
- How we deal with your data protection rights
- How we comply with data protection rules
What personal data do we collect
In this instance personal data refers to any information about you that allows us to identify you, including your name, contact details payment details as well as technical information about your access to our website.
The website may collect personal data from you when you order a translation with us.
The categories of information that may be collected include the following:
- Your name, job title, business name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit/debit card number or other payment details
- Information about your purchases of our products and services
- Information about your use of our website
- The communications you exchange with us through different platforms
The company will only process this data in instances when you have given your consent or if you have deliberately made it public.
What do we use this personal data for?
The data that we collect about you may be used for the following reasons:
- To provide you with products and services you request – we use the information that you give us to complete the services you have asked for in relation to your translation project, including any requested project changes
- To contact you about your order and any changes to your order including a change in the delivery time frame or to go over any amendments
- We use your payment information for accounting, billing and audit purposes and we may also use it to detect and/or prevent any fraudulent activities
- Provide tailored services: we use your data to provide information we believe is of interest to you, prior to, during and after the delivery of our services as well as to personalise the services that we can offer to you
We will only ever process the data that you have given us in these ways in instances where we have a legal basis to do so. We may also use your data for one of the following reasons:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect your vital interests or those of another person
- When it is in our legitimate interest in operating a translation services business
As a company we follow strict security procedures with regards to the storage and disclosure of all of your personal data. The data that you give us is protected using SSL (secure Socket Layer) technology which is the industry standard method of encrypting personal information as well as any payment information such as credit card details so that they may be securely transferred over the internet.
Sharing personal data
Sometimes we may have to share some of your personal data with third parties in the interest of fulfilling our business obligations. These third parties could include but are not limited to:
- Government authorities, law enforcement bodies and regulators in compliance with legal requirements
- Partner companies and freelancers required to deliver the services you have asked for
- Credit and debit card companies which facilitate your payments to us, and anti-fraud screening, which may need information about your method of payment and project booking to process payment or ensure the security of your payment transaction
Site tracking and cookies
Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable us to recognise your browser and help us to track visitors to our site. This enables us to better understand the products and services that will be most suitable to you.
A cookie contains your contact information and information to allow us to identify your computer when you travel around our site for the purpose of helping you accomplish your service booking.
Your rights about data
You have the following rights with regards to their data:
- You have a right of access to all information we hold about you.
- You have a right to correct any information we hold about you.
- You have a right to request erasure of your personal information, where there is no good reason for us to continue to store it.
- You have a right to request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
- You have a right to withdraw consent to the processing, collection and transfer of your personal information at any time.